FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Tuesday 30th June 2020 (St John’s, Antigua) … Last week, the Government announced that recreational basketball will be allowed to restart as part of the measures to resume some level of normalcy in Antigua and Barbuda.
As such, we are pleased to announce that the Executive has made the decision to reopen the JSC Sports Complex, with immediate effect, from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., daily. Over the weekend, the facility was thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, and we therefore seek the full assistance of all users in maintaining this clean environment.
Please note that this decision was not made lightly, and as such, the Executive is kindly asking all users of the facility to adhere to the new health and safety protocols, which include:
- Please try to keep the number of players on the court as minimal as possible.
- Please always wear masks when off the court, or in the stand.
- Please wash hands, for at least 20 seconds at the stations provided. If soap and water are not readily available, please use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Please maintain social distancing off the court, or in the stand.
- Please always maintain proper hygiene.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms, please abstain from visiting the facility and seek medical attention.
- Individuals, including coaches, players, and families, should stay home if they have tested positive or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive.
- Spitting on the court is NOT allowed and players are encouraged to cover their coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of their elbow. Used tissues should be thrown in the trash and hands washed immediately with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
The desire to play basketball, must now give way to the need for the protection of public health, and so strict adherence will be greatly appreciated.