V A C A N C Y
The Antigua and Barbuda Basketball Association is seeking suitably qualified individuals to apply for the position of HEAD COACH of the National Senior Men’s Basketball Team for an initial tenure ending December 2018.
The Head Coach is responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the National Senior Basketball Team, which include, but is not limited to, recruitment, practice management, game management, monitoring team players, and fundraising. This position reports to the Executive of the Antigua and Barbuda Basketball Association, and all duties must be done in accordance to all rules and policies set forth by the body. The Head Coach directs a staff of Assistant Coaches, who reflect the Association’s core values and conduct standards, in leading the team and its performance.
- Direct assigned Assistant Coaches in the overall planning and execution of the National Basketball Team.
- Recruit quality prospective athletes which include assessing the physical abilities and personal character.
- Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of athletes to support the image and reputation of the team and the Executive.
- Implement and plan coaching strategies and organize practice sessions for the team.
- Coach team members individually and in groups, and demonstrate game techniques.
- Develop and implement game strategy.
- Oversee the strength, growth, and conditioning programs for athletes.
- Assist in the promotion of the team through community events, public speaking, fundraising, and marketing.
- Provide regular team reports to the Executive.
- Must have previous coaching experience at a club level, or National level for a minimum of 5 years.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit athletes who will benefit the growth and maintain the standard of the National Team.
- Possess good work habits, such as punctuality, attendance, dependability, cooperation and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to handle both themselves and the athletes in an appropriate manner which is in line with Executive’s expectations.
Friday September 30th 2016.
Interested applicants should apply directly to the following email address: